Monday, January 15

Kate Spade Style



I love the way Kate Spade uses color—sophisticated with a touch of whimsy. Kate has been quoted, as saying, that while some like to write color off as "fun" and "fanciful," she believes color is all that and so much more. Think peony pink leather handbag with a charcoal gray suit or yellow accents in a bedroom. Color and sophistication are where Kate Spade excels.

I especially appreciate Kate’s use of textiles, pattern and strong geometric shapes, inspired by the classics. Kate’s winning formula for a timeless style is a merging of cheerful colors, clean shapes and well-chosen embellishments. Great style!

6 comments:

Julie at Belle Vivir said...

Hi, I think you would like Jamie Drake too. He is everything you've mentioned here. I am sure you already know about him. :)

ALL THE BEST said...

Hi Julie, thanks for the post. Yes, I do like Jamie Drake another designer with great style.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Peony pink handbag. Just the words are so very magical. I think I need one of those. Yes, I do. Do you have suggestions for the perfect one?

Anna Spiro said...

A beautiful post. Love Kate Spade too. Why do we all love so many things?? I think I suffer that obsessive compulsive disorder!!!

Anna

Michele said...

I LOVE this use of color. My boyfriend and I are painting one (or two) walls in our bedroom a very deep, cold grey. This gives the perfect ensemble to brighten and revitalize the coldnes... with yellow!

ALL THE BEST said...

Michele I agree. The yellow is such a great touch in a dark grey room. I just love everything about Kate Spade's bedroom.