Wednesday, January 14

Closet Couture

The closet of Amy Fine Collins, once muse to the legendary Geoffrey Beene.

Eva Jeanbart-Lorenzotti's wonderful wardrobe.

The fabulous shoe's of the Duchess of Windsor, most designed by Roger Vivier.

I have long had an obsession with closets and dressing rooms. I think my fascination began around the age of ten. Growing up, the favorite place to hide from my three sisters was my own walk-in closet. I would spend hours daydreaming, reading books and browsing teen magazines—complete luxury.

I am still captivated with closets and I love nothing more than peering into other people's private spaces and dressing rooms. In my opinion, the rooms belonging to Aerin Lauder, Eva Jeanbart-Lorenzotti, Amy Fine Collins and Duchess of Windsor rank at the very top.

I now have a new closet to add to my list of favorites—Closet Couture! Closet Couture is a brilliant online fashion network that allows you to connect with like minded individuals, stylists, and designers, in order to share ideas and seek advice.

Anchored around virtual closets, Closet Couture provides an easy way to manage wardrobes, upload photos, sell or swap clothes, hire stylists, shop for the season’s most coveted pieces and share web links.

Closet Couture is the brainchild of Christine Elia. “I could easily go online and find the next big band or up and coming artist. That got me thinking, why isn’t there a similar venue for designers and people in the fashion industry?” In order to help realize her vision, she recruited a sterling team of advisory board members, most notably Eva Jeanbart Lorenzotti, Philippe Soussand and Constance Klein.

It seems my fate to be drawn to the wonderful world of online networks as of late. First it was Facebook, then A Small World and now Closet Couture! Between blogs and social networking there are simply not enough hours in the day!

19 comments:

Debra said...

I also have a fondness for a great closet. When I was growing up, I had a huge walk-in closet. I loved playing in there.
I have plenty of closet space in my home- but that walk-in was the best. Ahhh... wasted on the young!
D~

Design Diva of Closets Extraordinaire said...

I have the privilege of creating people's dream closets for a living. I realize this is direct self-promotion, but if you wanna take a gander, there are some cool ones on my website
ButchkoAndCompany.com.

It's such a fun thing to do - impacting peoples' lives on a daily basis.

Denise

Anonymous said...

OOOOO....

Can we nominate closets we want to peer into? I nominate James Andrew's closet (of whatisjameswearing.com). I would LOVE a peek into his closet(s). (I mean this literally, though I imagine his figurative closets (if he actually has any) would be pretty darn interesting too!)

Karena said...

What a great idea. I love the image of the Duchess's shoes. I wonder if they ever went up for auction.

pve design said...

I would love to play hide and seek in one of those closets, or dress up!

Michelle said...

Was it Anna Sui's closet that I saw recetnly on TV? I think it was her daughters wardrobe that was influenced by the L,W and the Wardrobe...you walked through a backless armoire in their bedroom to a large room on the other side...really cool!

I love my Pax system with all the fancy inserts...cheap and cheerful!

Anonymous said...

I love Closet Couture! It is a wonderful tool for organizing your closet and really seeing what you have to work with when putting together outfits. Great post, I think most women's lives would be easier if they enlisted the help of Closet Couture!

Audrey said...

My mother Betty uses to say "A clean closet gives a clear mind!" Was she just trying to get me to clean up my room? Now I think she was right. When I am a little out of sorts I always feel better after I clean my closet!

Anonymous said...

I actually just wrote a post about wanting to get my closet into shape so you could not have given me a more perfect link today! Thanks!

Laura said...

I'm partial to Eva Jeanbart-Lorenzotti's closet. I mean the woman has a hanging chandelier in there for god's sake. I'm so jealous I can hardly see straight.

Sabina said...

Give me a fabulous closet and I'm good!!

Lisa Borgnes Giramonti said...

Big congratulations to you on your featured mention in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette today...they included your artwork and everything!

Maria Killam said...

I just saved it in my favourites to look at later! It's alway fun to peek into other peoples closets!

Anonymous said...

I am knee deep, sorting, in all the closets in our home-I aspire to have a finished closet some day!

Anonymous said...

I'm finding that my clients want to use vibrant colors in their closets, including one teenage girl who chose hot pink for her walk-in. I think her mother is OK with it now!

Anonymous said...

Closet Couture is one of my favorite sites! The virtual closet is a lot easier to manage than the real one...
Just recently found your site and LOVE it. Great content!
Cheers,
Gina C.

The Antiques Diva™ said...

Hi Ronda,

I've got closets on my mind at the moment. I'm in process of moving to Berlin - and have found a gorgeous apartment that I can't wait to decorate... but have a major decorating dilema! German apartments don't have closets!! Thus, the past few weeks have been spent contemplating my choices! While antique armoires sound divine, I've about decided to eschew armoires and simply turn the smallest bedroom into a closet for the entire house!

With closets on my mind, just wanted to drop a note to say how much I enjoy your blog! Keep up the good work!

Toma, Aka, The Antiques Diva

Renée Finberg said...

i don't know.........i think it is interesting to look into other peoples closets.
haven't done it much since i was around 9 yrs old.
but i loved checking out my sister's, my moms , and my grandmothers closets.

great site recomendation.

but i love the shot with the pouffy dresses.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.