Saturday, February 10

The Mandarina Trading Company



While travelling back home on the train yesterday I had the chance to catch up on essential reading (namely home and fashion magazines). I read an article in Homes & Interiors of Scotland about Caroline Townsend, Co-founder of the Mandarina Trading Company—a quirky and original collection of shoes headquartered in Scotland.

If you haven’t guessed by now, I have a real weakness for shoes, handbags and accessories! Not only are the design fabulous (can’t wait to buy a pair!) the Mandarina Trading Company works with small, ethical manufacturers in India and South-East Asia, and all the products are hand-made using a unique choice of fabrics, prints, and brocades.

Thanks to everyone who posted while I was away. It was really fun to read were everyone is from and dream about all the fanatic places to travel.

all photos The Mandarina Trading Company

9 comments:

Anna Spiro said...

Great to have you back Ronda!!

The Peak of Chic said...

I love the bottom pair in the wool plaid!

Pigtown*Design said...

That's one of the things I miss most about the UK - the wonderful home & garden magazines, usually with some fun goodie in them. I adore the shoes. I have some flats like these from Zalo, Stubbs & Wooton and Talbots! They're just so comfortable.

Hope your meetings went well!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Very pretty. Actually the flats look quite Moroccan.

Gypsy Purple said...

I`ll take the top one`s

Chamara

design dna said...

you're back! i hope you squeezed some fun and new shoes into your trip!

CG said...

Those shoes are great! Really love the last pair.

** Terramia ** said...

Oh so stunning! I love to stray away from conventional leather and suede... very pretty.

And your blog is such a treat!

Anonymous said...

Hello, lovah! I literally gasped when the little pictures of shoes came up. Gorge.