Tuesday, June 17

Profile: Me

I was asked by the lovely Katie, who writes Katiedid, to participate in a game of tag. I must say that it is far easier asking the questions of others!

1. What were you doing 10 years ago? Trying to juggle way too much. Thank God for Zoloft! I was living in Houston, where I was born and raised, working as the Associate Director of Development for the Episcopal Diocese of Texas and volunteering for everyone and anyone who asked for my help. My husband was still in graduate school finishing his Ph.D. and we had a toddler running about.

2. Five items on your to-do list today.
• Start packing for Texas
• Send follow up emails for upcoming profiles
• Finish writing my article for Decorati
• Confirm seats for our flight
• Call the vet

3. Snacks I enjoy:
• Cashews
• Olives
• Hot Peppers
• Wasabi Peas
• Black Sesame Rice Crackers
• Does wine qualify?

4. What would you do if you were a billionaire? This is always a fun question.

• Travel would be high on the agenda, first class of course. Too bad the Concorde is only an icon of aviation history.
• Set up a family foundation and make large donations to my favourite charities, including autism and cancer research.
• Shop and design a dressing room to rival Aerin Lauder’s amazing closet. Gracie wallpaper is a must!
• Set up a trust fund for our son.
• Buy summer homes for my three sisters and my mom and dad.
• Hire a wine consultant to help me design and stock an amazing wine cellar that would include bottles of:

1982 Chateau Lafite Rothschild Pauillac
1945 Chateau Lafite Rothschild Pauillac (for good measure)
1990 Chateau Petrus Pomerol
2001 Chateau d'Yquem Sauternes
2002 Sloan Proprietary Red
2000 Chateau Cheval Blanc St. Emilion Grand Cru
2003 Sine Qua Non Syrah - The Inaugural
1994 Colgin Cabernet
2002 Comtes Lafon Montrachet
2002 & 2004 Swanson Alexis

5. Places I would live? Mallorca, Napa, Manhattan and France.

6. I am passing the challenge onto to anyone who has not been tagged. I love learning more about fellow bloggers.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn girl! I am coming to your house for drinks!!!! Great list.

ALL THE BEST said...

Thanks James! I want to drink at my house too if I become a billionaire...what fun!

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your great blog for awhile now and I love your profiles. It's great to learn more about you.

Mary-Laure said...

I loved reading more about you, thanks for sharing these facts!

You look great on the picture!

katiedid said...

Hi Ronda.
So fun to read about you! Great picture too. You are a woman after my own heart. Next time you are in Napa let me know! I will hop on over for some wine tasting. :)

ALL THE BEST said...

Thanks Mary-Laure!

Katie that would be so much fun! We must do Napa together sometime soon!!

Easy and Elegant Life said...

Isn't it just typical? Billionaire blogger in the near future and the Concorde a distant memory. There's always the Cunard Line...

Nice to learn more about the brilliance behind the blog.

ALL THE BEST said...

Thank you Mr E&EL!!

pve design said...

Ronda,
I was fortunate enough to have flown the Concorde, pregnant with my twin sons, on business. I think the in house travel guy liked me! Lucky me, right. It was a wonderful flight, fabulous meal and the air hostess was full of quiet grace. I tell my sons all the time, that is why they have such "rich" taste.
I could have answered that profile for you over a glass of one of those fabulous wines.
Patricia

la la Lovely said...

It was fun to learn a little more about you! I really enjoy reading your blog! Love the idea about a family foundation!

Trina