Tuesday, July 15

Style File: Tracy Smith


Look up the word style and you are certain to find a photo of jewelry connoisseur Tracy Smith. Tracy, founder of House of Lavande, established her one of a kind jewelry business in 2006. Based in Palm Beach she has traveled the world over combing flea markets from Paris to London, amassing a stunning collection of costume jewelry.

Tracy approaches her search for jewelry with the same historical rigor as collectors of vintage fashion. The expertly curated collection, which has been featured in Town & Country, Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar, contains over 5,000 pieces by such important designers Elsa Schiaparelli, Kenneth Jay Lane, Juliana, Miriam Haskell, Yves Saint Laurent, Chanel, and Christian Dior. Without question, Tracy has established a premiere name in vintage collectible costume jewelry.

In November House of Lavande will open their flagship boutique in Palm Beach. Tracy, alongside friend and interior designer Celerie Kemble, are designing an amazing space to showcase House of Lavande’s astonishing jewelry. I for one want to make the trip to Palm Beach for the occasion!

What is your favorite indulgence?
Flying up to New York for the day to get my hair cut and colored at Rita Hazan. I see Adrian Wallace and Juan Carlos.

What items are a must for air travel?
iPod, computer and gummy bears

What accessories can you not live without?
Vintage jewelry of course......and my Tom Ford sunglasses

Which pair of shoes do you wear most?
YSL sandal strap raffia wedges—in them I am the height I’ve always wanted to be 5'10"…without them…well I’m not 5'10"



How would you describe your morning routine?
Coffee, more coffee, then a little more coffee

How would you describe your own personal style?
Romantic and feminine

What is your all time favorite handbag?
A vintage needlepoint bag given to me by my mother-in-law (it was her mother's).



What handbag do you carry most frequently?
My huge Louis Vuitton Olympe Nimbus bag

What is your favorite luxury in life?
Favorite "fantasy" luxury: An afternoon nap which is impossible with 2 kids and a business!! Favorite reality luxury: A long, unhurried al-fresco lunch complete with good friends and champagne.

What is your most prized possession?
My husband and kids; they are my reality check of what is most important in life.

Who are your style icons?
Rachel Bilson, Sienna Miller and Ali McGraw

Profile by Ronda Carman

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow! I LOVE her necklaces! GREAT profile.

Anonymous said...

Yet another reason to go to Palm Beach. As if you need many reasons to go...

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Most interesting, and she's dead right about the gummy bears.

ALL THE BEST said...

I'll try the gummy bears when I fly back to Sctoland.

ALL THE BEST said...

Thanks Anne. Tracy's necklaces as just too fab!!

A great reason to go to Palm Beach!

thelovelist said...

Hello to my newest facebook friend, haha! This is a great excuse to go to Palm Beach, the last time I went was to interview Milly designer Michelle Smith for The Love List, but this seems even more fabulous!

Mélanie said...

thank you for having introduced me to her and her shop ! she has gorgeous pieces !!!

ALL THE BEST said...

Hello facebook friend. Michelle Smith is pretty fab! I profiled her on All the Best last year!

ALL THE BEST said...

Melanie you are so welcome! Both Tracy and her jewelry are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and I love it so much. I can't wait to read more style files.

Anonymous said...

Her pieces are fabulous! Thank you for sharing.