Tuesday, December 22

Holiday Book List: Georgia Tapert

I have had the pleasure of getting to know the lovely and very stylish Georgia Tapert this past year. Former design assistant to David Easton, Haynes-Roberts and Mica Ertegun (MACII), Georgia has a clear and heightened sense style and design. Her eponymous store Georgia Tapert Living in SOHO is a comprehensive collection of her extensive travels from across Europe, India, Asia and South America.

I recently learned that Georgia is daughter of writer Annette Tapert (her stepfather is a writer, Jesse Kornbluth). Annette’s book The Power of Style is on of my all-time favorite books to read again and again. It’s easy to see that style, talent and literary love run in the family.

The Penguin hardcover classics designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith


The Penguin hardcover classics designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith

Life is Meals by James Salter. Its not a new book, but I like to give it to foody friends.

I will also give the Jacque Adnet book. Its in French, but I have so many friends that have been waiting for a copy. Hopefully they will do an English edition soon.

I just finished reading a book Peter Viertel wrote in the 70s called Bicycle on the Beach. I will be giving this book to some girlfriends.

Jacques Grange

The penguin classics are on my want list too. I would also like to receive the Yves Saint Laurent book.

7 comments:

mary said...

Great books...I think I'll take the "Jacque" offerings--Jacque Adnet and Jacques Grange--both power houses of their times. Happy, cozy reading!!

Karena said...

Great selections! Happy reading to all! Happy holidays to you and your family Ronda!

La Maison Fou said...

Wonderful selections there! Thank you Ronda for bringing All The Best to us this past year,
HH;
Leslie

Anne said...

Wonderful books! I love the Power of Style too. Happy Holidays Ronda.

Unknown said...

Love those books! I hope they come out with more in the series.

Are you planning on attending Maison et Objet next month? I'll be there and at IMM Cologne and Heimtextile with a group of editors and designers from the US as well as some international bloggers and artists. We're trying to put together a meet and greet in Paris. If you're going to attend and you're interested in getting together let me know.

Jackie

Liily said...

Hello - I purchased the Coralie Bickford-Smith books from Amazon last month. They are lovely. And Wonderfully cheap - about $14 each on Amazon.

Froulala said...

Just wanted you to know that I got Anne Tapert's books after reading this post. Great for the library!