Thursday, August 20

All The Best Bedroom Contest


Finally I can announce the big news that I have been waiting to share with all of you! The entire reason that I began blogging in the first place is simple—I LOVE beautiful homes and great design. It was a wonderful, almost magical experience, when I stumbled upon Style Court almost 3 years ago. I soon found The Peak of Chic and Absolutely Beautiful Things. It was thrilling to connect with Courtney, Jennifer and Anna, and it wasn’t long before I joined the wonderful world of blogging. Much has changed since the early days, but there remains one constant—I still love beautiful designs and personal connections.

Each day I come in contact with so many super talented people that it’s almost insane (in the best possible way). So, in the spirit of celebrating those blessed with good design genes, All the Best Blog and SFERRA are hosting a Best Bedroom Decorating Contest. Both interior designers and design enthusiasts alike are eligible.

To enter, submit clear, unpublished (in any printed periodical and/or their related website) photographs. You can submit up to a maximum of five photos of one bedroom designed by you to (allthebestcontest@gmail.com). It can be your own personal bedroom or a bedroom designed by you for a client, just as long as it is your OWN work. Only one room per contestant. You must own the rights to any photos submitted.

Photograph every angle of the room, including close-ups of the bed and special details. Images should be no larger than 1MB and in jpg format. Provide your full name and address in the body of the email.

Judges include: Ronda Carman, Michael Devine, Amanda Nesbit, Todd Romano, Nathan Turner, Kelly Wearstler and Vicente Wolf. Contest entry period begins on August 21, 2009, and ends at 11:59 p.m., E.T. on September 25, 2009. Winners will be announced on October 5, 2009.

The grand prize winner will receive a complete set of Celeste Sheets by SFERRA, spun from the finest Egyptian cotton ($550 value). The second place winner will receive a pure cashmere Dorsey Throw by SFERRA ($400 value). The third place winner will receive a Marquetry Throw by Kelly Wearstler for SFERRA ($255 value).

First, Second and Third place winners, as well as three honorable mentions, will be published on ALL THE BEST BLOG. Log on to allthebestblog.com every week to see a selection of entries and check out the competition.

You can read all the rules at here!

Top Image: Michelle Adams for Rubie Green/Photo Credit Patrick Cline
Second Image: Elizabeth Mayhew/ Photo Credit Annie Schlechter
Third Image: Eric Prokesh /Photo Credit Pieter Estersohn
Fourth Image: Amelia Handegan /Photo Credit Pieter Estersohn

18 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Excellent! I'm in!

Karena said...

Okay, now comes the fun!! Thank you Ronda. Oh I better check the deadline!

Summer is a Verb said...

Oooo..can not wait for the results! XXOO

The Antiques Diva™ said...

Oh rats! Why does it have to be bedrooms? (I know, I know the whole Sferra connection!!) but alas bedrooms are my weak point... I tend to go for monastic simplisticity (is that a word?) in the bedrooms! Bring on the family room, home office or living room competition! Hmmm, or how about the loo? I've done some great things to loo's in my day!!!

Good luck to all the entrants!!!
Toma

rebecca said...

Those are great spaces! I can't wait to see all the photos :)

An Aesthete's Lament said...

Terrific contest idea and a wonderful series of prizes. Of the bedrooms shown, I want the Handegan. It looks like it would be even more beautiful at night, with low lighting and a few books piled next to one.

ALL THE BEST said...

An Aesthete's Lament how true! Or a good friend in the next bed to gossip with!!

MEADE DESIGN GROUP said...

I cant wait to submit my pictures. This is such a cool contest!

We definitely need to meet in person :)

Kelsey B. said...

What a great contest. Congrats on the awesome partnership!

Style Court said...

Ronda -- Thanks for the kind shout out. I agree with Aesthete, the Handegan bedroom is splendid. Glad you included it. And of course I always love Michelle's creativity, too!

ALL THE BEST said...

You started it all for me Courtney! Thank you!

Yansy said...

I have a bedroom makeover that was feature on Design Sponge. If that's not a problem, I would love to submitted.

cotedetexas said...

Are you limited to entering just one? or can you do more than one bedroom? just wondering. what a fabulous idea! Brooke is going to win - I already know it - if she enters. she has two bedrooms that I can think of that are killers.

ALL THE BEST said...

Thanks Joni! Can't wait to see what you enter. Only one room per person, so pick your best...though I am sure you have MANY!!!

Lauren said...

what a great idea!!! can't wait to see how it turns out!!! if i can get mine finished in time, I'll definitely enter!! (hahah although seeing the others who are entering scares me!! ;)

Amanda Stone Talley said...

So Much Fun! I don't have much but I do the best with what I've got so I sent in some pics...

Liz Powers said...

What a fun contest! Can't wait to see the entries!

A Gift Wrapped Life said...

A fabulous blog contest....can't wait to see the results. So many talented bloggers out there, I am sure they have bedrooms to match. We shall see!