Saturday, December 22

My Favorite Things - Suzanne Sharp


My profile on Chris and Suzanne Sharp, founders of The Rug Company, was one of the most popular of 2007, and rightly so.

Firmly established as dynamic and pioneering rug label with shops in London, New York and LA all offering handmade, contemporary and traditional rugs, Chris and Suzanne are trailblazers in their industry.

Aside from the professional accolades, Suzanne Sharp is indeed one of my favorite style icons. She possess that certain je ne sais quoi that I find to be quite refreshing these days and I adore her inimitable take on style in a way that is uniquely her own.

Favourite City
Venice, always an inspiration: I love crossing St Marks Square in the evening especially if it’s aqua alta!

Favourite Movie

The Leopard (Luchino Visconti), the pace, photography and atmosphere remind me of my childhood in the Mediterranean.

Favourite Book
Anna Karenina (Leo Tolstoy), the intensity of this book is awesome.

Favourite Season

Summer, I love to be outside…and I don’t have to wear so many clothes!

Favourite Wine

Bramito

Favourite Food
Spaghetti alla vongole specially if eaten by the sea.

Favourite Flowers
Big cabbage roses, hydrangeas and any old fashioned flowers.

Favourite Memory

Camping in Africa by the Zambeze river with my husband and our children and being scared out of our wits by a lion.

Photo: Living etc

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice profile! Their rugs are to die for!!!

Cathy said...

Wishing you and yours a wonderful Holiday Season filled with joy and a Happy New Year!

Cathy

annechovie said...

Really enjoyed this follow-up to the Sharp's profile, Ronda. I am with you, I absolutely love Suzanne's style - so un-generic and colorful. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I love the paint shades in both photos of Suzanne (this one and the photo with Chris). I am aching to know where they get their house paint.

ALL THE BEST said...

Lyndsey I think I have it in a magazine at home. I'll post when I get back to Scotland (next week).