Tuesday, January 29

Maison&Objet

I will start by saying that if you attend Maison&Objet do be sure to wear comfortable shoes! I on the other hand opted for cute and new. New being the operative word. Not a bright idea. Had I fully realized and appreciated the sheer size of Paris-Nord Villepinte Exhibition Center I would have worn my Ugg boots.

Overwhelming, awe-inspiring and exhilarating best describe my first visit to Maison&Objet. I quickly realized this event is much more than just a trade show, it is a magnetic pole for designers, artists, editors, media, buyers and design lovers. There is a profusion of materials, patterns and colors available at every turn and in very large quantities.


One of my very favorite vendors was Jacques Pergay. Their chandeliers are gorgeous, massive and lust-worthy! Founded over 30 years ago in Limoges, France Jacques Pergay beautifully mixes modern and traditional elements. I only wish I had a room large enough to accommodate one of these beauties.

Just one of the many, many, many beautiful and stunning showrooms.

This is the first year Michael Devine showcased his striking hand blocked fabrics at the prestigious Maison&Objet Editeurs. To the far left is one of my favorite fabrics (Garden Folly) and to the far right is the gorgeous fabric used in Aerin Lauder's Long Island master bedroom.
The fabrics were displayed as canvas, highlighting the fact that they truly are beautiful works of art. My husband and I have been thinking that hanging Micheal's "canvasses" in our entrance hall would make a fun, yet dramatic statement.

Fun and fanciful feather lamps, Mat & Jewski have been designing decorative home objects and lighting since 1999. Their style is both humorous and provocative.

a casa k. a Florence based company creates beautiful, colorful, contemporary and very affordable glassware. I would love to have a few of these in my collection.

23 comments:

Mary-Laure said...

All this is so beautiful! I really like the glassware (colorful but not overwhelming, can go with anything) but most of all I love Michael Devine's patterns. I would totally hang them as art. I'm off the check out his website right now.

Mary-Laure said...

PS: I just saw you left me a sweet comment on my blog (I had a hunch you'd like those boxes...) at the VERY moment I was leaving you one!

pve design said...

Sounds like you died (in your shoes,ouch) and went straight to heaven at the show! I remember attending the textile shows in Paris and it covering literally 3 foot ball fields!
As Chanel said, "Chic is comfort"-

diana murphy said...

Oh, Ronda. Lucky, lucky you. (Those feather lamps are fantastic.)

ALL THE BEST said...

Their glassware is fab Mary-Laure and do check out his site!

Great advice Patricia! I need to remember that - "Chic is comfort"

ALL THE BEST said...

I thought the feather lamps were so cool Diana!

Style Court said...

This is a treat Ronda, thanks! Especially like the Divine fabrics :)

ALL THE BEST said...

It was great Courtney! You would have loved it!

Sarah Dennis said...

Ronda, did you take pics of any of the tableware?
I've been dying to go to Maison&Objet.

I'm so happy you went, please post more pics if you have any!

Pink Wallpaper said...

i am so jealous...paris and you got to hangout w/ michael devine...what a day!@!

Brilliant Asylum said...

I am tres jealous of your trip. One of these years I must attend this show.

An Aesthete's Lament said...

Maison & Objet is so fantastic. Remember when Decorex used to be this exciting????

Suzy said...

We'd love to see more photos! The feather lamps are gorgeous. And I should have warned you about the shoes! Although I've never been to Maison&Objet, I've been to other textile fairs in Europe and anything with heels or not comfy is not a good idea. By the end of my first day last year I could barely still stand let along walk - I stupidly wore stiletto boots and had to keep dropping in to visit vendors just so I could sit down!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for bringing a little bit of Paris into my life today. Other than the shoes, it sounds like a great trip. You took some great pictures.

blah said...

Ronda!! lovely pics - the lighting is especially lovely - hope they didn't say anything about you taking photos :-)

The things we do for our blogs!!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Ronda,
This is pure fabulousness. I think your canvas idea is brilliant. But is it possible to buy such small pieces?

ALL THE BEST said...

Sarah I will I had more photos, but most of the vendors do not want people to take photos and have man signs posted. I only took photos if I was granted permission! Maybe next time!

Thanks All Things Bright and Beautiful! Some were ok with photos others not so much!

ALL THE BEST said...

Pink Wallpaper,
Michael and Thomas are just wonderful! We had so much fun at dinner! Then we went for drinks and did not get back to our hotel until 1.00 am!

ALL THE BEST said...

Brilliant Asylum you MUST!! It's unbelievable!

An Aesthete's Lament it truly was fantastic! I can't wait to go back!

Suzy are the feather lamps not gorgeous!!! Stiletto boots--you style maven!

ALL THE BEST said...

Sarah can you tell that I was still asleep when I responded to your comment...

Me, Myself, & I other than the shoes debacle it was great!

Thanks Maryam...I'm not sure...I'll have to check!

girl meets glamour said...

Thanks for sharing these, I am so envious that you got to go!

Linda Merrill said...

Hi Ronda,
I'm so bummed I didn't realize you were going to be at Maison et Objet too! I would have loved to have met you! And you are absolutely right about the shoes - flats were the way to go. Between the sheer size of the halls and the open spaces hidden under carpets - it was quite a mine field!

Jamie said...

Wow! Those feather lamps are stunning! They look very similar to the Fiela lights by Haldane Martin, don't they?