Friday, April 4

The Oberoi Udaivilas

One of Oberoi Udaivilas's private pools.

A serendipitous email once again has me thinking about India. It seems so exotic, far away and wonderfully romantic. In the heart of Rajasthan, overlooking the picturesque Lake Pichola and the City Palace, is a resort that is on my list of places I must visit in this lifetime. Voted the number one Hotel in the World in the Travel + Leisure 2007 Readers’ Poll The Oberoi Udaivilas captures the beauty and splendor of a royal era.

Unfortunately there are not many high-resolution photos available for me to post. You will have to visit their website for a photo tour, if for no other reason than a moment of escapism. However, in my search for photos I did come across these beautiful images and felt they were too wonderful not to share. As the revered Diana Vreeland remarked, “Pink is the navy blue of India.”





All images flickr

6 comments:

pve design said...

Yes, it is fun to virtually live vicariously through your all the best picks. My sister-in-law went to India and
her photographs were amazing.
May your trip be realized!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful virtual tour. You must go some day.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I love the last picture in particular. We are in Shimla now, as you might have read, and would you believe there is an Oberoi here too? The Cecil. We won't have time to pop up there for tea, as I had hoped though because we are off to Naggar Castle tomorrow morning... (pics up on Passementerie now, I hope).

blah said...

Dear Rhonda, You are right about pink being the navy blue of India :-)
PS I'll send you a pink link from India :-)

cotedetexas said...

Beautiful images!!! I love the mother and child one the most.

Style Court said...

Beautiful Ronda!