Tuesday, March 24

Santorini Grace

Judging by the comments and emails yesterday, I am not alone in suffering spring fever. A big thank you to Elisabeth and Jay for directing me to Santorini Grace, the sister hotel to Mykonos Grace.

Santorini Grace is located on the north coast of Santorini, in the picturesque village of Imerovigli. Imerovigli is a traditional village that boasts both beautiful and unique architecture. Most of the homes are carved into cliffs, creating small whitewashed caves that stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter.

Facing Santorini Grace is Skaros, a rock famed for its Venetian castle ruins. The castle was completely destroyed during an earthquake in the 19th century. Skaros rock is uninhabited with the exception of a small church, the Chapel of Agios Ioannis Apokefalistheis, on its north side. Only a few ruins remain, but all are accessible for viewing by foot.

Following the success of the sister hotel on Mykonos, the Grace Hotel Group has perfectly replicated the same level of style and sophistication. The property was designed to integrate sympathetically with its unique geography. I especially like the simple interiors of the rooms—understated elegance.



All rooms enjoy stunning views of the Caldera, Skaros and the Aegean sunsets, Korres toiletries, WiFi, iPod speaker, flatscreen satellite TV and DVDs. In a perfect world, I would opt for one of the rooms with a plunge pool facing the sea—pure bliss.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Breathtaking!

My Galveston Cottage said...

Love the built in sofa and thick cushion! And who can resist such watery calm and beauty?!
Cheers, -susan

Pretty Lovely said...

Such beautiful photographs. Love your post.

Anonymous said...

Mamma Mia! What beautiful pictures to get us dreaming of the isles. Thank you for making our day!

Coffee with Cathy said...

Wonderful! Thanks for the mental vacation -- I needed it.

ALL THE BEST said...

You are most welcome Cathy! I needed a mental vacation too!

ALL THE BEST said...

Thanks Sam and The Buzz!

I LOVE the sofa and room - so peaceful!

Anonymous said...

Greece is the one place that i fantasize about going to that I still haven't visited yet. perhaps it will be next. I literally drool over photographs of Greece. breathtaking.

Unknown said...

This place looks like a little piece of heaven. I want to be there RIGHT NOW!!

Anonymous said...

I love it there! Had a chance to visit a year ago and have been working on a fragrance that captures the amazing essence of a santorini fig. Coming to the Apothic soon!

ALL THE BEST said...

I'm in the same boat wide open spaces! The shades of blue are stunning!!!

I am ready to book a room Patricia!

PLEASE let me know when it's developed! I ADORE the scent of fig!!!