Sunday, March 30

Carla Bruni Sarkozy

France's new First Lady made a demure first impression when she arrived in the UK for a state visit. Many papers have called her wardrobe a cross between Jackie Kennedy Onassis and Princess Diana.

A picture of elegance.The Dior handbag was a permanent fixture.




Carla Bruni Sarkozy has been all the rage here in the UK over the past few days. The new First Lady of France has garnered much press and attention. Of course her wardrobe choices have given the papers and magazines much to photograph and discuss. The sheer volume of press coverage over a two-day period must be similar to that given to Jackie Kennedy on her first visit to France as First Lady.

I for one adored everything she wore, not only was her choice of clothes very chic, but diplomatically correct. The famous French fashion house of Christian Dior and its London-raised and educated couturier and designer, John Galliano CBE, were the mastermind behind the senses. A move fully-supported her husband’s initiatives on the political front for a new Anglo-French alliance.

Getty Images

9 comments:

Alison Duffy said...

Tres chic! She nailed it.

Kim Vallee said...

Wise and stylish choices. Both handbags were appropriate for the occasions. I like the bold purple coat under a gray suit. She looks more modern on that picture.

Anonymous said...

She really is beautiful. I really love the purple coat and dress.
Imagine world relations solved through fashion :)

Anonymous said...

Carla Bruni is gorgeous! I love the first pic here....very Jackie O.

Mary-Laure said...

Hola from Uruguay!

I must admit Carla was very chic; beautiful photos, thanks!

M said...

I thought she looked polished and eloquent, yet not stuffy. I missed a lot of the coverage b/c of work going on at my house, so I loved looking at these pictures! Also, I want that purse!

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous, chic and stylish. Great pictures.

perfect bound said...

I love that she comes across as powerful and smart, yet totally stunning. You can be both (ahem, Hillary.)

Mélanie said...

I have my french idea on her : for me she was too diplmatically correct dressed !
I would like her to create HER OWN style .The thing I prefer was the purple clothes ..a little bit different . Otherwise It was too much Jackie O , and she was incomparable.
I hope that day by day, step by step , she will find her own style