Monday, July 23

Calvari Steps





One of the main features of Pollensa is the Calvari steps. The 365 steps lead to Calvari Church and an ancient wooden cross. Every year on Good Friday the figure of Christ is removed from the cross and carried down the steps by torchlight.

Along the steps are several beautiful homes, garden and shops. One of my favorite shops was Think Cosmetic. I am such a sucker for wonderfully sinful bath and body products. So, of course I was enticed by the beautiful bowls and baskets filled with bath salts and soaps lining the steps to the shop, and ultimately through the doors of Think Cosmetic. A few soaps and a sachet of honey almond bath salts made their way into my bag, but my big purchase was a bottle of Mandragore by Annick Goutal. A bottle of Annick Goutal has been on my wish list for a while and the scent of Mandragore is bewitching. Every time I wear it I will be reminded of Mallorca.

4 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip Ronda!

katiedid said...

This is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Suzy said...

Wow, it's beautiful. Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing the photos!

cotedetexas said...

So, so beautiful. Thanks for the pictures and story, very interesting!


Joni