Tuesday, July 24

Pottery


Colorful pottery from Cermiques Monti-Sion

If you have been a reader of this blog for any period of time you will know that I use the phrase ‘I love’ quite often! It’s a sickness really and one that I haven’t found a cure for either (although I’m not sure I want to!). It’s probably the reason I changed majors so many times at university. I love so many things and pottery is certainly up there on my list. Like many of the things I ‘love’ and ‘collect’ it begins innocently enough without any goal or objective and then I’m hooked—just ask my husband.

Pottery is one of the most diverse of the collectibles. Where can one find such a cast of characters with little in common other than being made of clay? I certainly had the opportunity to fill my love of pottery in Spain. One of the most striking characteristics of Spanish pottery is its variety. Variations of texture, color, form and style seem to be almost endless. I’ve posted a few photos, though I'm not sure they can do justice to the truly beautiful colors. Enjoy!

11 comments:

girl meets glamour said...

I just love this post :) and I think I have the same problem as you with that word...I throw it around way too much in terms of design that is. Great post though, I'm excited to see your Spanish finds, esp. these pottery pieces

~Kate

ALL THE BEST said...

Kate, I’m guessing that you and I aren't the only ones :-)

Unknown said...

"Love" your pictures. I see you have added a few new books to your list. The Country Houses of Majorca and Mallorca look very interesting. How about a sneak peak inside these books so we can live vicariously through the eye of the camera. Your vacation looks like it was very inspiring.
Thanks for sharing these lucious photos.

ALL THE BEST said...

Very observant Patricia! I'll see it I can get some quality photos from the books.

The Peak of Chic said...

Me too- I've been criticized for overusing that phrase. Oh well! I do love the photos though. So much wonderful pottery there, and so colorful as well!

ALL THE BEST said...

Jennifer, I am sure there are worse phrases that we could use!! ;-)

Pigtown*Design said...

The stripey one is great... and so are the blue and white ones. LOVE'M

katiedid said...

Love love love....there. I've had my fix. Well...just one more: I love this pottery! I hope you scooped some up for yourself! (I think I overuse the exclamation point just a tad too!!!)

Style Court said...

I'll use the Love word here too :) I'm a big pottery fan and really like your picks in this post.

ALL THE BEST said...

Thanks Courtney and Katiedid. Fairfax, I brought home of the stripe pottery...I just Love it!

cotedetexas said...

I love the top blue and white. Anything blue and white I just can't help it.


Joni