Tuesday, July 3

Swimming Pools

There is something wonderfully romantic about swimming pools. For me they conjure up images of summertime bliss, innocents, old Hollywood, Slim Aarons and the idyllic resorts of St. Tropez.

Slim Aarons wonder photos:




Hotel pools to visit:

Palazzo Sasso Italy's Amalfi coast
The pool has underwater windows offering views of the Mediterranean.

Las Brisas Acapulco, Mexico
Most people know of this famous 'pink and white paradise' for its secluded casitas and 250 swimming pools. Las Brisas is situated high on a hillside offering dramatic views of the city, bay and Pacific Ocean.

Of course no list would be complete without mentioning the famous Beverly Hills Hotel pool.

Any personal favourites to share?

12 comments:

Anna Spiro said...

Great pool pics! Great to have you back!
XO
Anna

The Peak of Chic said...

I'm pretty sure they are coming out with a new Slim Aarons book on swimming pools- later this year.

ALL THE BEST said...

Oh PoC you are right!!!!! I just went to Amazon and the release date is Nov 1, 2007. How exciting! Thank you for letting me know in advance!

girl meets glamour said...

Yes, I love these pool pictures, esp your photo of the week! Oh and love your blog...I'm linking you!!

ALL THE BEST said...

Thank you GMG. Just stopped by your lovely blog! I will link you too!

Unknown said...

Loved this posting. I am a swimmer so I usually plan what Hotels I am staying at by the quality of their pool. Best Pool in: Las Vegas - Bellagio, Venice - Cipriani, Lauguna Beach - Ritz Carlton.....I could go on

katiedid said...

Thank you Ronda for the link! These pools are great. Have you seen the book "Pools"? I have not looked through it yet.

Suzy said...

These photos are great, my personal favorite is the rooftop pool at Raffles in Singapore. Beautiful clear blue water, fantastic lounges to relax on in the sun, a bar with unlimited Singapore Slings and just enough palm trees to only partially block out the view of the city beyond. Paradise!
I'd be happy to send you a picture, or I can post to my blog - studioannetta.blogspot.com

ALL THE BEST said...

Suzy,
The rooftop pool at Raffles sounds wonderful. Do send a photo! You can email me from my blog.

Chelsea said...

Haven't been there (something about the $795/night cheap rooms), but am ogling these pools: http://www.jademountainstlucia.com/infinity_pools.html. I particularly love that rounded edge which obscures the divide between pool and ocean & the glass tile surfaces. Oh, and each room has its own individual pool. If only...

Parisbreakfasts said...

Hotel Bristol in Paris has a neat indoor teak pool designed by Aristotle Onassis' pool designer.

Anonymous said...

I love this Slim Aaron's photograph... It really manages to just capture "The Good Life"
Slim Aarons - Nice Pool