Thursday, July 26

Casa Romana






I love staying at a fabulous hotel and I especially love great room service. However, after our week at Casa Romana, I have been converted to the world of self-catering. Certainly I will continue to seek out and relish short stays at wonderful and unique hotels, but for long term holidays I now want to live like a local in a foreign country, not as a mere visitor.

One huge advantage is the space to spread out (especially if traveling as a family). It was so great to waking in the morning at my leisure, making my own coffee and lounging by the pool with guidebooks. Then there was the cheerful smile from the lady at the bakery who came to understand my broken Spanish and knew exactly what I wished to order every morning. Late each afternoon I would escape to the rooftop terrace to listen to the bells ringing in the nearby cathedral. If you have the opportunity to stay in a fabulous villa or apartment while away I highly recommend it!

Sites to visit:
Holiday-Rentals
Luxury Retreats
France Home Style
Chez Vous Paris

10 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like a heavenly place to stay. I particularly like the color on the walls in the 4th pic.
It is almost the color of the sky there. thanks for sharing your pictures of your fab holiday

Unknown said...

PS I love your new header on your Blog!! What a very talented and creative person you are!!

The Peak of Chic said...

What a beautiful little villa! No wonder you had such a good trip!

ALL THE BEST said...

Thank Patricia and PoC...it was just wonderful! I too love the blue in the bedroom.

girl meets glamour said...

Oh I think I could give up room service for this in a second. How beautiful!!! That bedroom is so simple and lovely :) What a great find in the way of lodging!

~kate

Unknown said...

WOW! this is gorgeous! Thanks for the comment!

The Paris Apartment said...

looks like a dream! i know what you mean about living like a local, it's so much fun!

cotedetexas said...

That's where you stayed? Gorgeous! I love the pool and the bedroom especially. SOOOOO charming.



Joni

ALL THE BEST said...

Hi Joni,
Thanks for giving me the idea to share the photos! I too love the bedroom, the blue is just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

We are talking of visiting the south of France or Spain in the upcoming months. I will check out your links. It can be a good idea to stay a while at the same location.
Casa Romana has lots of charms.