Friday, July 6

Interesting Ice Cream



Move aside Vanilla and make way Black Sesame, Ginger, Maccha (green tea) and Avocado ice cream. Coldstone Creamery in Times Square has gone as far as to add wasabi-ginger ice cream to their menu. I really love savory foods and I adore sorbet and gelato. But together? I will admit that I am very temped by many of the exotic flavors I’ve been reading about lately, and could be easily won over. Have you tried any of these or other interesting flavors?

Photos flickr

10 comments:

Pigtown*Design said...

I just read about a rosemary and pepper ice cream. I do like the green tea ice cream and had some avacado i.c. earlier this year.

katiedid said...

We do have Coldstone, but i have not had the chance to try these, It sounds like I must make the time!

girl meets glamour said...

I am a big fan of green tea ice cream...but can't say that I'd be tempted to eat any ice cream looked like it might taste like black licorice :)

Unknown said...

I love green tea ice cream. It is such a classic. There is this wonderful chinese restaurant in Vancouver that I go to for the dessert of green tea ice cream.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I just posted on a raspberry sorbet that was really good~ and reeely easy!
My most likable would have to be a pistachio gelato... I may have to wait for Italy for that.
stop in for a glass of sweet tea sometime!

Anonymous said...

I, too, love green tea ice cream. I'd love to see what wasabi ginger tastes like - sounds so funky and strange!

Anonymous said...

BLAHHH! says your DH.

ALL THE BEST said...

My DH (darling husband) is quite the foodie and will eat many more exotic things that I will. BUT, when it comes to ice cream he is a purest!!!

ALL THE BEST said...

I will make it a point to try the green tea, sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

Green tea ice cream is very popular in Japan. I combine it with Azuki bean paste and it taste so good!